CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Count down

I just love a long relaxing weekend at home. And after the past few weeks on the big yellow turd I really need it! We officially have 7 days of school left but those last 7 days are jam packed with field trips and athletic trips. I will be so glad when summer is here!

My elementary kids were hyped up all last week so I was glad to only drive them home a few nights (I was taking the baseball team to a game, and the track teams to meets). But I will say on a few of the nights I did deliver them home I had a few sweet things happen. On Wednesday night I didn't have any Middle Schoolers or High Schoolers on towards the end of the route so I let the elementary kids sit in the back of the bus. I hate riding in the back but to these guys it's the best thing that can happen. There was one little k-garden girl who had fallen asleep early in the route so she didn't get to go to the back but when we got to her house and she was woke up she looked around in a dazed state and said, "Oh, I didn't know I was going to be the first one off." She was so cute, with her hair all plastered to her face with sweat.

And then when I dropped of the last 2 boys the older brother (3rd grade) said, "Thanks for the ride home, Heather." This actually meant a lot to me. It was nice to know that he appreciates the ride home every day, even if he didn't mean it and was just glad he got to sit in the back of the bus.

As much as I enjoy diving the bus I can't wait for June 3rd at 11:31 a.m.

2 comments:

Staci said...

June 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all of those snow days and you still get out on the 3rd? I am so damn jealous!!! Yellow turd? poor you :(

M said...

Hey, we were out May 27th, that was with snow days ;P

Those little suckers can be sweet. I had to sub several times and drive some trips towards the end of school. I like it. It's a nice change of routine from my normal job.