CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Starting to feel ready

I think I am finally getting ready for school to start back up. And we still have 2 1/2 weeks left. Our first day is September 8, and our first athletic trip is this Friday, and even though I am normally the sport trip taker, I'm not taking this one.

Our football team has a scrimmage about 2 1/2 hours away. That will make for an early and long day for our driver.

I have briefly talked my route over with our supervisor and only have 1 new kindergarten. So not much of change for me. Our supervisor had planned on re-retiring on August 28, but was talked in to staying on until January 1st. We are all so glad to have her back. She was a driver and supervisor for many, many years and decided to retire. After some time away the school was able to persuade her to come back.

Our administrators have been promising us a new(er) bus to begin this school year with. Unfortunately I heard from the School Board meeting last night that the school hasn't bought it yet. Bummer. It is a '99 Blue Bird. Sadly this is all our school can afford. We have 2 busses that need to be set out to dry, so hopefully someone gets their act in gear and gets that bus. We need something dependable.

I hope you all had a great summer, and are ready to get back at it (if you haven't already.)

2 comments:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Yikes! At ten years old we're looking to replace ours. I think we actually keep them 12 or 13 years. We get 3 or 4 new ones every year. I hope you get something newer soon.

I won't find out how many new kids I'm getting until Sept. 3 I expect lots of kindergarteners :)

Staci said...

I thought it was a state law that they had to upgrade after so many years????