CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I guess I'm in Seatle WA minus the rain...

...because we are nothing but mud here now. Only in the Midwest (I say Midwest because it was just as bad when I lived in Indiana) can you have -20+ wind chill one day and 3 or 4 days later it's in the 60's. So the big freeze we had is now melting. The snow is gone and the frozen dirt roads are nothing but mud. I almost got stuck where I park my bus, so I've had to resort to parking in the parking lot where the teachers park. I just really don't want to get stuck again.

Again you ask? About a week ago when we still had 7-ish inches of snow I got stuck in a drive. I got backed in okay, but the way I went to pull out got me stuck. The snow had just started melting and was very heavy and thick. So we were stuck. And I didn't have enough kids on the bus to weigh the back end down to get out on our own. The wonderful Maintenance Manager/Janitor at the school came and pulled us out. We, by the way, were blocking the road.

I can't wait for summer break.

3 comments:

Staci said...

That has to totally suck!! I hope that you don't have to contend with the mud for too long...let's hope that the winter is drawing to a close and nice spring days are just around the corner!!!

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

It's been two years since I've been stuck. Never fun! One of our S/N drivers pulled into a driveway with a suburban this morning and had to call for a tug. The driveway was all ice and the only direction she could move was sideways. I really hope mud season is short this year.

Claremont First Ward said...

I, on the other hand am not quite ready for summer and my kids home all. day. long. :)